As a peak standards development body, Standards Australia develop standards, technical specifications, handbooks and other publications.
Standards are documents that set out specifications, procedures and guidelines that aim to ensure products, services, and systems are safe, consistent, and reliable.
Fire Regulations are living standards and consistently change on state and national level. Thus, we are active to ensure we keep up to date with change in regulations.
Businesses are expected to be in accordance with the following standards, if applicable:
- AS 1670 – Automatic fire detection and alarm systems
- AS 1841 – Portable fire extinguishers
- AS 1851 – Service and maintenance of fire protection equipment
- AS 2293 – Emergency escape lighting and exit signs
- AS 2118 – Automatic fire sprinkler system
- AS 3745 – Planning for emergencies in facilities
- AS 4655 – Fire safety audits
- AS 2444 – Portable fire extinguisher and fire blankets
- AS 5062 – Fire protection for mobile and transportable equipment
- Occupational safety and health regulations 1996 (WA)
- Mines safety inspection act and regulations 1994
- Building Codes of Australia/National Construction Codes (BCA/NCC)
Swan Fire Services will provide all required documentation from fire alarm installation certificates to annual fire safety statements and maintenance records.